Monday, June 27, 2011

"In all things of nature...

...there is something of the marvelous." ~Aristotle

My father-in-law finished hanging our sign today...


For those of you who have never been by my barn before, the side with the sign on it used to be covered in Virginia Creeper -- thick, lush, and dark in the summer, a vibrant red in the autumn, cradled birds' nests in the spring -- I absolutely loved it.

But because of our opening the shoppe and gallery, we started debating whether or not we should remove it, mostly for the integrity of the structure since several tendrils had made their way into a window and the upper loft over the years. I was so heartsick about the idea that I suggested we at least leave it up until it slept in the winter...I wanted to put off making the decision.

Strange thing though, during the night of the Summer Solstice, the whole vine fell away, making the decision for me.

So now our sign stands out boldly on its own on the side of the barn...in the next few weeks though I think I'll plant a flower bed at its base.

~Lara
"Indecision becomes decision with time." ~Author unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment